The Apolinario Gatmaitan Command applauds the Red fighters of New People’s Army (NPA) under the Armando Sumayang Jr. Command for their victorious offensive against members of the mercenary bandit terrorist armed group RPA-ABB around 1:30 this morning at Sitio Mambinay, Barangay Locotan, Kabankalan City, Negros Occidental.
The Revolutionary Proletarian Army – Alex Bongcayao Brigade (RPA-ABB) is a break away armed group from the NPA in 1994 after they rejected and refused the rectification movement launched by the revolutionary movement against errors and deviations from the ideological, political and organizational line. At present they continue their anti-people activities.
The bandit RPA-ABB became diehard counter-revolutionaries after they surrendered in 2000. They bragged about the fake and bogus peace talks of the US-Estrada regime and became an instrument to justify localized peace talks offered by the reactionary government to the revolutionary movement until now. They are currently used as a paramilitary extension of the reactionary government to go after and destroy the genuine revolutionary movement, pretending and introducing themselves as revolutionaries but in truth they are mercenaries, bandits and goons of the hacienderos and politicians in Negros Island and nearby islands like Panay and other places in Luzon.
This armed group has a long list of crimes against the people and the revolutionary movement, the following are some of the highlight cases they are facing in the people’s revolutionary court:
- The bloody massacre of nine farm workers in Brgy. Bulanon, Sagay City last October 20, 2018 together with members of the SCAA under the command of the Marañon family;
- As goons of the De la Cruz family, warlord clan in Don Salvador Benedicto, they shot and killed peasant leader Alexander Ceballos in Purok Tangke, Brgy. Pandanon Silos, Murcia last 2016 and Councilor Eden Bacordo of DSB with his two companions last 2017;
- They are responsible for the murder of Judge Henry Arles in 2012;
- They shot and killed Manuel Batolina, Edwin Bargamento and Sanito Bargamento, organizers of farm workers of Manapla;
- They abducted the Pelayo cousins at Hacienda Dalayapan, Brgy. Caduhaan, Cadiz City in 2005 and the two are still missing;
- They also abducted three farmers in Brgy. Canlusong, E.B. Magalona who are still missing;
- They arrested 13 farmers in Hacienda Bedrio, Brgy. Caduhaan, Cadiz City;
- They burned houses and shot farmers of Hacienda Valdevia, Brgy. Lopez Jaena, Sagay City;
- Crimes of RPA leader Rene Eoropa a.k.a. Mako such as land grabbing from poor peasants, extortion activities, hired goons of politicians in La Castellana, Negros Occidental, hold-up of fish vendors and murder of a vendor of native delicacies in Guihulngan City, Negros Oriental;
- During 1996-1997
> Capture and torture to death of Poren Petellar of Sitio Montilo, Brgy. Pinggot, Ilog
> Murder of Mado Salmoren of Sitio Montilo, Brgy. Pinggot, Ilog
> Capture, murder and incineration of eight civilians from Sitio Daan Baryo, Brgy. Damutan, Hinoba-an
> Murder of Bonifacio Galagate with his brother Drigo Galagate and wounding his son who was a minor
- Grabbing the lands of farmers by forcing them to plant commercial trees in areas of Brgy. Pinggot, Ilog and Brgy. Locotan, Kabankalan City by virtue of the National Greening Program; and
- Corrupting the funds of the housing project of the Office of the Presidential Adviser on the Peace Process (OPAPP) at Sitio Mambinay, Brgy. Locotan, Kabankalan City and cheating the worker’s salary.
This NPA offensive is a response to the long time demand of the people for the punishment of the RPA-ABB because of their bandit activities that sow terror, kill farmers, steal and extort; for being guns-for-hire and for taking part in the reactionary government’s “counter-insurgency” program aimed at destroying the revolutionary movement.
The AGC calls on members of the RPA-ABB to resign and renounce your bandit organization, connect with or surrender to the nearest NPA unit in your area and clear your status in the people’s revolutionary court. The NPA will not think twice in implementing punishment if you continue your grievous acts against the people.
Long live the oppressed masses!
Serve the people and the revolution!
Ka Juanito Magbanua
NPA-Negros Island (Apolinario Gatmaitan Command)