Jose Maria Sison: Why The Duterte Regime Cannot Destroy The People’s Revolutionary Movement
Jose Maria Sison | Chief Political Consultant | National Democratic Front Of The Philippines
April 3, 2021
It is certain that Duterte and his political agents and armed minions will claim before, during and after his State of the National Address (SONA) in July 2021 that they have already destroyed the revolutionary movement and that they must be rewarded by being allowed to stay in power. They have been harping on the line that they have already destroyed the NPA several times over its underestimated size.
They must be reminded time and again that they cannot destroy the revolutionary movement with sheer military force and deception but that they can only escalate and make the oppressive and exploitative conditions more intolerable to the people and more favorable for the growth in strength and advance of the people’s democratic revolution through protracted people’s war.
1. The basic problems of the Filipino people such as foreign monopoly capitalism, domestic feudalism and bureaucrat capitalism persist as the root causes of the civil war. These are the causes of underdevelopment, unemployment and mass poverty and not the people’s resistance to oppression and exploitation.
2. The chronic crisis of the semi-colonial and semi-feudal ruling system continues and is worsening to favor the further rise and advance of the people’s war against the reactionary state. The Duterte regime is culpable for the rapid worsening of the socio-economic and political crisis of the ruling system.
3. The crisis of the ruling system is aggravated by the worsening crisis of overproduction in the world capitalist system and is further aggravated by the Covid-19 pandemic in terms of economic breakdown, mass unemployment and depressed incomes.
4. The ruling system has been bankrupted by the domestic and global economic crisis, bureaucratic corruption and military overspending. The Duterte regime is culpable for sabotaging the peace negotiations with the NDFP for the purpose of scapegoating the CPP and NPA and grabbing absolute power for the purpose of absolute corruption.
5. The Duterte regime is despicable to the Filipino people because of its crimes of treason, tyranny, mass murder, plunder and deception. No amount of psywar to worship Duterte or his regime and vilify social activists, critics and opposition can draw attention away from the crisis and crimes for which the regime is culpable
6. The armed revolution of the people has become stronger nationwide in both urban and rural areas because of the foregoing. The more than 110 guerrilla fronts of the NPA are increasing in number and serving as base for guerrilla warfare, mass mobilization and building organs of political power.
7. A broad united front of patriotic and progressive forces is developing widely and deeply against the Duterte tyranny as the narrow target of popular opposition. The united front includes the revolutionary forces of the toiling masses of workers and peasants, the progressive forces of the middle social strata and the conservative opposition.
8. The Communist Party of the Philippines is daily engaged in ideological, political and organizational work to strengthen its ranks and the revolutionary mass movement. There is no way for the enemy to stop the secret recruitment and education of CPP members and their deployment in birth urban and rural areas. Repression will only incite more people to join the CPP and the armed revolution.
9. All patriotic and progressive forces are strengthening themselves and exerting all-out efforts to isolate and overthrow the Duterte regime. The revolutionary mass organizations of the workers, peasants, women, youth and other sectors of society have not been cowed by state terrorism but have become more resolute and more resolute in fighting and striving to defeat the regime.
10. The New People’s Army is intensifying the people’s war, with the support of the people’s militia, self-defense units and the broad masses of the people. It is combining armed struggle with agrarian revolution and mass-base building. And it has a mastery of the strategy and tactics of extensive and intensive guerrilla warfare on the basis of the ever widening and deepening mass base as in the past 52 years.
Source : https://cpp.ph/statements/why-the-duterte-regime-cannot-destroy-the-peoples-revolutionary-movement/